Over the years, I have had the opportunity to care for several women who were diagnosed with breast cancer. While this site and many others are filled with special offers for your donations to breast cancer research, I thought it would also be a good time to talk about some tangible ways you can help those you personally know.
Here are 10 Ways To Pamper Those With Breast Cancer:
- Foot Massage/Reflexology: This should be a light-pressure massage since the skin may be tender to the touch, depending upon the treatment modality she selected. Follow it up with an organic therapeutic foot cream. This will moisturize and heal her skin, which tends to become dry from the medical treatments.
- Onion Soup: Since the weather is starting to get cold, a nice bowl of onion soup would be wonderful. Onions contain sulfur which is very beneficial for the body.
- Wash Her Hair: There are few things more relaxing than a nice scalp massage while you are having your hair washed. Be sure to use a botanical, sulfate free, paraben free shampoo. The fewer chemicals the better, right?!
- Take Care of Her Children or Pets: Often times the cancer treatments leave her stripped of energy and stamina. Schedule a regular time to take care of her children and/or pets until she is able to do it herself. This will give her time to rest…without feeling guilty or neglectful of those who depend on her.
- Prepare A Cup of Herbal Tea: Most everyone is aware of the health benefits of herbal tea. A lot of women choose Green Tea for its antioxidant properties. You can also make a warm cup of Pollen Burst, which includes the recommended daily cup of green tea. This way she receives nutrition from the flower pollen along with the antioxidant properties of the green tea. Plus, it does not contain anything that will affect her hormones.
- Listen To Her: In life, we all want to feel heard and understood. In my experience, the emotional side of cancer tends to lie in deep, unexpressed resentment. Give her an opportunity to share her pain and feel heard, without judgment or correction, and begin to heal her spirit as well as her body.
- Give Her 6 Months of Proper Nutrition: Many of the doctors in our company believe that with proper nutrition the body will heal and repair itself from virtually any illness or disease. Pay for her to receive 6 months worth of nutritional products that help her body heal, from within. Contact me for this option so we can get her one of Dr. Wallach’s health lectures on CD and arrange for the products to be shipped to her for free (for those in the continental U.S.).
- Guided Meditation CD: Louise Hay, a breast cancer survivor, has created a wonderful guided meditation for those who have cancer called Cancer: Discovering Your Healing Power. It will take her through a process to see and release those hurts she may be holding onto and carrying in her body. Also, it’s very soothing and relaxing.
- Take A Stroll: Sunshine and fresh air do wonders to lift the spirit and are very beneficial for the body. Take a walk during the cool of the day, early morning or late evening. Sunshine on the skin also helps the body to produce Vitamin D.
- Pray With Her: There is such healing power in prayer. And there are few things more humbling and loving than to hear someone pray for you. Give this gift to the breast cancer patient you care about and let the loving words bloom in her heart and help speed her recovery.
Remember, cancer does not have to be a death sentence, no matter what stage she is in. Whatever the body can create…it can also uncreate.
© 2011. SandraBiz.com. All Rights Reserved.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you use them, you support this blog. TY!